WRMR Modern Rock 98.7
Flight 987 to Vans Warped Tour San Diego Giveaway
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local regulations govern this contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Flight 987 Vans Warped Tour San Diego Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is open only to legal U.S. and North Carolina residents who reside or work within the Bladen, Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Craven, Duplin, Jones, Lenoir, New Hanover, Onslow and Pender counties and who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of WRMR-FM (“Modern Rock 98.7”), Sunrise Broadcasting LLC or Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, and agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Contest Entities”), members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request. All entry information must be complete and accurate. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of entry will void all such entries, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the submission process. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed. By entering, entrants agree to comply with all applicable laws, these Official Rules, and all decisions made by Sponsor.
3. HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Official Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. The contest entry period begins on May 7th in the 6am hour and ends on May 30th, 2018 in the 6 pm hour.
There are two methods to qualify.
Method 1: Participants must listen to WRMR, Modern Rock 98.7, each day Monday –Friday for the Flight 987 ACL sounder which will air up to five times a day between 6am and 6pm. Caller number nine (9) after the sounder airs will be qualified for the Vans Warped Tour San Diego giveaway. There will be a total of Ninety (90) qualifiers chosen by this method. Entrants entering by phone will be charged standard phone call rates for calls according to the terms and conditions in their calling plan. Wireless services are not available in all areas.
Method 2: There will be eight (8) bonus qualifiers chosen from Log In To Win on Modern Rock's website at http://www.modernrock987.com/common/more.php?m=33&r=651. If fewer than 8 contestants register during this time period, then all registrants present will be entered into the final drawing.
A maximum of 98 qualifiers will be selected. Qualifiers may only qualify through one of the available Methods.
Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and ineligible and will not be accepted. The qualification entry period for the both methods ends after the last sounder airs on May 30th at no later than 6:00 p.m.
HOW TO WIN: All eligible qualifiers will be entered to win the Flight 987 Vans Warped Tour San Diego giveaway event. On May 31st at 8:00 am, one lucky winner will be picked via a random nu,ber generator. If that qualifier is called and does not pick up the phone call, the DJ will continue to call random qualifiers until a winner answers their phone.
The winner will be required to sign and return appropriate forms and/or documentation, including without limitation, any documents necessary to transfer to Sponsors any intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.) in the entry materials, an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability release and/or where legally permissible, a publicity release prior to receipt of prize. Failure to sign and return such forms within the requisite timeframe may result in disqualification of such winner and forfeiture of the prize.
5. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Giveaway constitutes each entrant’s consent for Sponsors to use, publish, reproduce and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, Internet, television, radio, and offline), each Winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval. The Prize will be fulfilled by Grand Pro-Mo (PO Box 657, Nutley, New Jersey 07110; Attn: Joanne Grand, Founder).
6. PRIZES: One (1) Prize Winner will be offered the following grand prize. The Prize will be fulfilled by Grand Pro-Mo (PO Box 657, Nutley, New Jersey 07110; Attn: Joanne Grand, Founder).
Trip – Vans Warped Tour in San Diego, CA (Total ARV: $1,700)
· Roundtrip airfare to San Diego, CA for two (2) from Wilmington International Airport.
· Hotel lodging for two (2) (double occupancy) for two nights June 21-23, 2018.
· Tickets to the Vans Warped Tour for two (2) for June 22, 2018. Changes in the Vans Warped Tour San Diego concert schedule or cancellations of any related events are beyond the control of Sponsors and Sponsor holds no responsibility for concert changes/cancellations.
7. PRIZE REDEMPTION AND RELEASES: Winner is subject to verification. No prize substitutions by winner. Prize is non-transferable by the winner. If for reasons that are beyond the control of WRMR, Modern Rock 98.7, the prize is not available for fulfillment as laid out above, WRMR, Modern Rock 98.7 reserves the right to offer the Grand Prize winner a prize of equal value to the prize listed above. To claim prize, the winner must report the name of his/her travel partner no later than Thursday May 31, 2018 at 10:00 p.m. The winner must be able to travel from June 21-June 23, 2018, or as warranted for the redemption of this prize. The winner will be required to provide valid government-issued photo identification, acceptable to Sponsors in its sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value in the sole discretion of Sponsors if the prize, or any component thereof, is unavailable for any reason. Failure to claim prize by deadline may result in forfeiture of prize.
Any additional hotel accommodations, meals, beverages, tips, telephone charges, incidentals and/or other personal expenses are not included in the prize and are the responsibility of contest winner and winner’s guest. Winner and winner’s guest must have valid travel documents to travel and adhere to all travel guidelines. Prizes must be claimed by the actual prize winner, during regular business hours at 25 N. Kerr Ave, Wilmington, NC 28405. If the prize winner’s intended accompanying guest is not of the age of majority (18), prize winner must be guest’s parent or legal guardian, 21 years of age or older as of May 31, 2018.
8. ODDS: Odds of becoming a Qualifier through the on air method (Method 1) depend on the number of listeners participating and the order in which calls are received. Due to the time delay that exist between WRMR’s over-the-air signal and WRMR’s online webcast, liners who listen to the webcast may hear the “Flight 987 Sounder” later than listeners listening to the over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener becoming a qualifier may be diminished.
Odds of becoming a qualifier through the other methods depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
Odds of a Qualifier becoming a Grand Prize Winner depend upon the number of qualifiers who attend the giveaway event.
9. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Giveaway will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Giveaway. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS GIVEAWAY, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the Prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the Winner’s receipt of the Prize. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event selected Winner(s) of the Prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the Prize or, if such selected Winner fails to timely claim the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may select an alternate Winner (time permitting), or may elect not to award such Prize to an alternate Winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, Winner(s) must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with Prizes are the responsibility of the Winner(s).
10. FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Giveaway, the Sponsors reserve the right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Giveaway Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation or transmission of, communications line failure relating to, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion any communications system, on the Internet or at any website; and (iii) are not responsible for any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Giveaway. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.modernrock987.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Modern Rock 98.7, 25 North Kerr Ave, Wilmington, NC 28405. These Official Rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Giveaway or to comply with applicable law. For a list of the Winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by August 30, 2018 to Modern Rock 98.7, Vans Warped Tour San Diego Giveaway, 25 North Kerr Ave, Wilmington, NC 28405.
12. SPONSORS: Modern Rock 98.7 / Sunrise Broadcasting 25 North Kerr Ave., Wilmington, NC 28405.