WRMR Modern Rock 98.7
MR Road Trip – Charlotte – Beck and Cage the Elephant
- GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local regulations govern this contest.
- 2. ELIGIBILITY: The Modern Rock Road Trip to Charlotte, NC to see Beck and Cage the Elephant Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is open only to legal U.S. and North Carolina residents who reside or work within the Bladen, Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Craven, Duplin, Jones, Lenoir, New Hanover, Onslow and Pender counties and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of WRMR-FM (“Modern Rock 98.7”), Sunrise Broadcasting LLC or Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, and agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Contest Entities”), members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request. All entry information must be complete and accurate. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of entry will void all such entries, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the submission process. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed. By entering, entrants agree to comply with all applicable laws, these Official Rules, and all decisions made by Sponsor.
- HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Official Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. The contest entry period begins on Monday July 15th, 2019 and ends at on Friday August 2nd, 2019 at 12noon.
There are two methods to qualify during the contesting period.
Method 1: Participants must stop in to one of five Circle K locations (listed below) and fill out a Modern Rock entry slip to put in the entry box to enter. ENTRY SLIP MUST BE FILLED OUT WITH A FIRST AND LAST NAME AND VALID PHONE NUMBER TO BE ELIGBLE TO WIN. Each person is allowed to enter one (1) time per Circle K location during the contest period. There will be a total of one winner chosen from this method.
Method 2: Last minute qualification on site at 6330 Market street, Wilmington NC from 4:00pm to 5:45pm on Friday August 2nd, 2019 before prize giveaway. Participants must stop in to one of five Circle K locations (listed below) and fill out a Modern Rock entry slip to put in the entry box to enter. ENTRY SLIP MUST BE FILLED OUT WITH A FIRST AND LAST NAME AND VALID PHONE NUMBER TO BE ELIGBLE TO WIN.
- 2500 New Bern HWY, Jacksonville, NC
- 2868 Piney Green Rd, Jacksonville, NC
- 2865 Piney Green Rd, Midway Park, NC
- 2400 N. College Road, Wilmington, NC
- 6330 Market Street, Wilmington, NC
A maximum of 1 winner will be selected.
Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and ineligible and will not be accepted. The qualification entry period for the on-location method ends August 2nd, 2019 at noon and on-site last-minute qualification ends August 2nd,2019 at 5:45pm.
- HOW TO WIN: On Friday August 4th, Modern Rock staff will collect all 5 boxes and set up at the 6330 Market Street, Wilmington, NC location beginning at 4pm to put all entries together in one pot to draw the one winner at 5:50pm. The winner will be required to sign and return appropriate forms and/or documentation, including without limitation, any documents necessary to transfer to Sponsors any intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.) in the entry materials, an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability release and/or where legally permissible, a publicity release prior to receipt of prize. Failure to sign and return such forms within the requisite timeframe may result in disqualification of such winner and forfeiture of the prize.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Giveaway constitutes each entrant’s consent for Sponsors to use, publish, reproduce and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, Internet, television, radio, and offline), each Winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
- PRIZES:One (1) Prize Winner will win the prize package listed below. Prize package will be provided by Gran Pro-Mo (Joanne Grand; PO Box 657 Nutley, New Jersey 07110)
Road Trip – Beck and Cage the Elephant in Charlotte, NC (Total ARV:
- $50 Gas Card form Circle K
- Hotel lodging for two (2) (double occupancy) for one (1) night
- 2 Tickets to the Beck and Cage the Elephant Concert in Charlotte, NC at the PNC Music Pavilion August 25th, 2019 at 6pm.
- PRIZE REDEMPTION AND RELEASES: Winner is subject to verification. No prize substitutions by winner. Prize is non-transferable by the winner. If for reasons that are beyond the control of WRMR, Modern Rock 98.7, the prize is not available for fulfillment as laid out above, WRMR, Modern Rock 98.7 reserves the right to offer the Grand Prize winner a prize of equal value to the prize listed above. The winner must be able to travel from 24th-25th, 2019 or as warranted for the redemption of this prize. The winner will be required to provide valid government-issued photo identification, acceptable to Sponsors in its sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value in the sole discretion of Sponsors if the prize, or any component thereof, is unavailable for any reason. Failure to claim prize by deadline may result in forfeiture of prize.
Any additional hotel accommodations, meals, beverages, tips, telephone charges, incidentals and/or other personal expenses are not included in the prize and are the responsibility of contest winner and winner’s guest. Winner and winner’s guest must have valid travel documents to travel and adhere to all travel guidelines. Prizes must be claimed by the actual prize winner, during regular business hours at 25 N. Kerr Ave. If the prize winner’s intended accompanying guest is not of the age of majority (18), prize winner must be guest’s parent or legal guardian, 18 years of age or older.
- ODDS: Odds of becoming a Qualifier through the on-location method and Last-minute qualification method depend on the number of listeners participating and the amount of entries collected total
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Giveaway will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Giveaway. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS GIVEAWAY, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the Prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the Winner’s receipt of the Prize. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event selected Winner(s) of the Prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the Prize or, if such selected Winner fails to timely claim the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may select an alternate Winner (time permitting), or may elect not to award such Prize to an alternate Winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, Winner(s) must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with Prizes are the responsibility of the Winner(s).
- FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Giveaway, the Sponsors reserve the right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Giveaway Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation or transmission of, communications line failure relating to, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion any communications system, on the Internet or at any website; and (iii) are not responsible for any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Giveaway. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
- Winner list requests will only be accepted after the Promotion Period and no later than September 4th, 2019. For a copy of the winner list, send an email with subject line “Modern Rock 98.7 Road Trip to Beck and Cage the Elephant” to email@example.com .
- SPONSORS:Modern Rock 98.7 / Sunrise Broadcasting 25 North Kerr Ave., Wilmington, NC 28405. /Grand Pro-Mo PO Box 657 Nutley, New Jersey 07110./Circle K Coastal Carolinas (