Enter Modern Rock 98.7’s Battle of the Bands!
To enter your band’s song fill out the form below, upload your song, and let us know a little about your band!
Three bands will be chosen to Battle it out live on stage on Saturday, October 28th, but there can be only ONE! The winning band will get their song added to Modern Rock 98.7’s New Music Underground Category for at least 2 weeks of airplay, plus a Modern Rock prize pack!
Using the form below tell us your band’s name, musical genre, contact & info, and tell us a little about your band. Then upload your song through our email address below – we want a “clean” version(suitable for radio airplay) of your best song or single with the highest sound quality possible.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
1. HOW TO ENTER. You may enter by submitting your band’s information on modernrock987.com and then immediately sending a copy of your best original, clean (suitable for radio airplay), high-quality song (the “Work”) to [email protected] between September 5, 2023 and Sunday, September 24, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”). Three bands will be chosen by WRMR staff to perform live at WRMR’s Battle of the Bands on Saturday, October 28, 2023, 3 – 6 PM at Snead’s Ferry Community Center, 126 Park Ln. Sneads Ferry, NC 28460. Only one (1) entry may be made during the Promotion Period. Any additional entries received from the same person or email address will void all such additional entries. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the email account from which the entry is made. Entries that are (a) incomplete, illegible, or corrupted, or (b) generated by a script, macro or other automated means will not be eligible.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. By entering your Work, you warrant and represent that you own the sole copyright to the Work, and have the full right, power and authority to enter said Work in this contest. Entrants further represent that the Work does not infringe on the rights of any third party, and entrant agrees to indemnify Sunrise Broadcasting, LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives against, and hold them harmless from, any liabilities, actions, claims (whether valid or invalid), demands, costs (including reasonable attorney fees), expenses, and damages based on the use of the Work pursuant to this contest entry.
3. SPONSOR. The sponsor of this contest is Sunrise Broadcasting, LLC d/b/a WRMR, Tint World of Wilmington, and Matthews Motors (“Sponsor”). This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Apple or Facebook.
4. ELIGIBILITY. The contest is open only to permanent U.S. residents 18 years of age as of 09/05/2023, and who reside in the WRMR total listening area as defined by Arbitron. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible. Anyone who has won a prize valued over $100 from the Sponsor in the last 12 months is not eligible to enter or win this sweepstakes. By entering this sweepstakes, you acknowledge and agree (a) to all of these Official Rules, and (b) to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final.
5. PRIZE(S) AND ODDS. WRMR staff will listen to each Work entered and based on the Work’s creativity, originality, stage presence/appearance, & musical performance. WRMR will select the top three finalists (“Finalist” or “Finalists”) who will compete for the Grand Prize by performing live in front of an audience at Battle of the Bands on October 28, 2023 at Snead’s Ferry Community Center, 126 Park Ln. Sneads Ferry, NC 28460. The Finalists will be selected on or about Monday, September 25, 2023 and notified of their opportunity using the contact information provided at entry. The Finalists will each perform the Work live at the Battle of the Bands, and based on that performance, the WRMR judges will announce a winner of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize includes the Work being added to Modern Rock’s (WRMR’s) New Music Underground Category for at least 2 weeks of airplay, a signed guitar and a $____ gift card (total est. value $1,000 ARV). If any of the Finalists are not able to make the live performance, they are disqualified from the contest. The Grand Prize winner will be told on site how to claim and obtain the prize. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period will determine the odds of winning the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize. Winner must sign and return to Sponsor a prize acknowledgment and publicity and liability release, as well as IRS form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification for any prize over $600.00 in total value. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
6. RELEASE. By entering this contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its prize suppliers, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in this contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. By checking the relevant box or selection on the entry form, entrant agrees that Sponsor may contact them via email with information, special content or features. An entrant may discontinue receiving such materials at any time by using the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message. Finalists, by entering and ultimately winning the Grand Prize, grant to Sunrise Broadcasting, LLC a non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use the Work,in whole or in part, in perpetuity, in any media existing now or in the future, throughout the world.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in this contest constitutes a winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time to ensure the fair administration of the contest and compliance with applicable laws.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10 DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina or the appropriate North Carolina State Court located in Wake County, North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
11. WINNER LIST. Winner list requests will only be accepted after the Promotion Period and no later than 11/30/2023. For a copy of the winner list, send an email with subject line Modern Rock Battle of the Bands Winner List to [email protected]